Section 1: Introduction
Health.edu, a department of Texas Tech University Health Science Center (TTUHSC), follows TTUHSC Information Technology (IT) policies regarding responsible use of computer resources for the protection of users at http://www.ttuhsc.edu/IT/policy/
Section 2: Information Collected
Regarding visitors to our web site:
- We collect aggregate information on what pages are visited in order to assess and improve the content of our site.
- Our Web server does not automatically recognize information regarding individual users, e.g., domain name or email address.
- We do not set any "cookies" to track visitor's identification or use of the site.
- We disclose information that we in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of institutional policies.
- We disclose information when required or authorized by applicable law.
Registered users of Health.edu Continuing Education activities:
- As a provider of online educational services, we electronically collect certain information required by certifying authorities, accrediting bodies, licensing boards or governmental agencies. We store this information on our servers. In the online medium, detailed affirmation of a users' identity and their actions while using Health.edu is necessary to verify the legitimacy of course participants.
- The Health.edu system utilizes industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under its control. While there is no such thing as absolute security on the Internet, we will take reasonable and prudent steps to promote the security of the personally identifiable information which you provide.
- Before registering for Continuing Education activities, you will be asked to authorize disclosure of your information to third parties who assist TTUHSC in delivery and support of Continuing Education activities, such as; Accrediting Agencies, Medical Licensing Agencies, after-hours call centers, and your employer (in instances in which you wish to participate in a Continuing Education activity as a part of assigned work responsibilities by your employer).
- We do not share our registrant's information with third parties, except as described herein, when allowed or required by applicable law, or with your permission.
- We ask participants to complete a knowledge test as part of a continuing education activity in order to provide feedback concerning the participant's understanding of the content.
- We ask participants to evaluate continuing education activities in order to improve these
activities and future ones.
- Participant Email addresses are collected to provide password reminders and other correspondence necessary for fulfilling customer requests. If you want to change your status at a later time, you can opt-out of email notifications on the registration page for Internet courses or you can contact us to change it. (See contact information below.)
Other Uses or Disclosures of Information
We may use the information you provide to contact you:
- To check on potential verification problems, e.g., duplicate registration for the same
- To ask for more detail about information you have provided, e.g., on your suggestions for
- To inform you that additional continuing education activities are now available at our site,
if you requested this notification.
You may request that we provide you with a copy of our record of the information that you
provided to us. (See "Section 9: How to Contact Us" below.)
TTUHSC is the sole owner of the information collected on this web site.
Section 3: Links
Section 5: Availability
Health.edu Continuing Education activities are not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Section 6: Additional Terms
Certain sections or pages on the Health.edu web site may contain separate terms and conditions, which are in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the additional terms and conditions will govern for those sections or pages.
Section 7: Additional Terms
Certain sections or pages on the Health.edu web site may contain separate terms and conditions,
which are in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the additional terms
and conditions will govern for those sections or pages.
Section 7: Governing Law
This policy and use of Health.edu Continuing Education Activities shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the other provisions and shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.
Section 8: How to Contact Us